Monday, April 14, 2008

Easter Sunday - Afternoon

When I returned from tree-surfing, Dan appeared to be feeling better, so we made reservations to go sailing on a harbor cruise. Shortly after we left the dock, Dan decided his stomach was not as well rested as he thought it was, so he pretty much stayed in one place. As for me, learning to sail is on my list of things to do in life and it has been years since I have been on a sailboat. So needless to say, I think I had more fun than Dan did on Easter, but he was a good sport about it. Here are some pictures:



I can't resist adding another picture of Dan with a drink in his hand, but actually the drink was mine and he was just holding it for me. Really.




The water was a bit choppy, so the captain determined it was not safe to make it through the 300m wide inlet and head out to the open ocean, so we spent our time cruising back and forth through the harbor. However, that also gave some of us the opportunity to take the wheel.....



That's the captain on the right and the first mate on the left. They don't look too concerned, so I figure I must have been doing an OK job.



It was a beautiful afternoon for a sail, and I only wish Dan had been feeling better.

2 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Great pictures, Faith! It looks like you're on vacation...;-)

Love,
Jane

Faith said...

Let me clarify that I am most definitely NOT on vacation (and I have the time sheets to prove it). :-)