Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Pictures, pictures, pictures

I finally remembered to take a picture of the really cool vase I bought down here and promised a few people pictures of. Low and behold when I downloaded the picture to my laptop, along with it came a ton of pictures I had forgotten all about. Not sure why some of these have not downloaded before now, but here comes a virtual smorgasbord of pictures - in no particular order!







Here is the long awaited vase picture - isn't it cool???













This is the view from the slider in my living room at night. Sometimes I can see the port of Cape Town in between the 2 buildings on the left.







Here is a sample of some of the shells and sea glass I have found in Africa. Dan is convinced I don't leave an intact shell on any beach we stop at and he may be right. I brought a gallon-size Ziploc bag FULL of shells and sea glass when we came home a few weeks ago.









This signpost is in the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront. As you can see, we are 12421 km from home. That means we are 7718.052 miles (approximately) from home. Somehow, the flight seems much longer!






The grow things BIG down here. This is a picture of a cricket - at least, they TELL me it's a cricket. I have my doubts. Now that it is cooler, I have not seen as many of these ugly things, but let me tell you - they are *everywhere* at Sh*prite. And on Monday mornings, it's the worst - I swear they manage to get inside the buildings just so they can commit suicide. Ick.








There is a display of statues on the V&A Waterfront called Nobel Square - Dan wanted his picture taken with Desmond Tutu.

5 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Hey Faith,
Sorry I missed you today. Brigid saw (and responded to you) but it was too late.

BTW, we had those bugs when we lived down south. Only there, they called them cockroaches!

Love,
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi Auntie Faith!! I absolutly LOVE your vase! There is so muck detail on it! Likewise, I am also a fan on the seashells you uncovered. The big, creepy bug though... well lets just say that the picture, even though it was taken 12421 km away, is too close for comfort for me!

Anonymous said...

I love the juxtaposition of the lovely items like the gorgeous vase and sea artifacts with the huge bug :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent purchase! Keep up the good work!!

Love E

Lisa M said...

OK - I've got your blog address, and I promise to check it regularly if you stop posting pictures of bugs!!!

It was great to see you last night!

Safe travels,
Lisa