Thursday, February 14, 2008

Catching Up Part 7 - Cancun

In October, Mom and I took our annual Mother-Daughter trip - this year to Cancun, Mexico. Neither of us had ever been to Mexico and for me, this trip was *all* about rest. In fact, we only left the resort twice. Once to go shopping at a local outdoor mall (of course) and once to venture out to find the local Hard Rock Cafe (Danny and Katie needed another pin, after all!). The rest of the week, we ventured no farther than the hotel next door for an occasional meal. We got lots of sleep (I averaged 11 hours a night) and the biggest decision we made was where to park ourselves for the day - the pool? the beach? the pool and then the beach? You get the picture. The surf was incredible - the undertow was very strong, which made it hard for Mom as she was still awaiting her knee replacement surgery and even I was exhausted after an hour of playing in the surf. The color of the water was incredible, as you can see from the pictures below. We came home rested, a little tan (yes, even I had a *little* bit of a tan!) and with some great new silver jewelry. We are already planning our trip for next year - we are thinking Aruba...

I guess I could have taken off the t-shirt, but I was trying to avoid a sunburn!









The color of the water is just gorgeous!









We stayed at the JW Marriot - they have an "infiniti pool" which was just beautiful. Mom and I would highly recommend this resort - their spa is also top-notch! You know I am *all about* the spa!

No comments: