Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I am really not sure who, if anyone, is reading the blog besides Katie and Jane. But if anyone is interested, I am coming home.On.Friday. It seems hard to believe that all these weeks have come to an end. I wish I could tell you that my project would be completed before I fly home, but that will not be the case. The project suffered a major set back last week when one of the users at the client mistakenly overwrote a major piece of code. After spending 2 days trying to resurrect it, they decided to install the last back of the code that was taken - a week previously. What that means, to the non-technical out there, is that this process effectively deleted a weeks' worth of my work. So, if it wasn't enough fun the first time around, I get to do it all.over.again. Ah, clients. Can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em. Sigh.

So, my last few days in England will be spent getting them to the place where they can begin testing everything I have done (so maybe its not such a bad thing that I will be 3 thousand miles away next week!). Although, I will be supporting these guys for 1 more week from home (well, technically, Mom and Dad's home). And then it's off to.......

Sunny California. My boss has already assigned me to my next project in southern California. So, now I will begin a 3 thousand mile commute in the opposite direction. Thankfully, it is only a 3-hour time difference to the left coast and I CAN come home every weekend, if I so choose. This new project is slated for approximately 5 months. I understand I will be very close to Disneyland, and several friends have mentioned the possibility of coming out for a weekend (what? you'd rather come visit sunny California than dreary, rainy Manchester? I'm shocked).

If I can stay awake long enough tonight, I will try and post some pictures from my trip to Edinburgh this past weekend. Beautiful city, would love to go back. I have my requisite bottle of scotch already packed in the suitcase. Yes, I am already packed to come home. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad, bad Client :( They just can't survive without you !!

Just keep thinking "There's NO place like HOME" (clicking your heels is optional) !!!!

Have a safe trip to the US, and we'll talk real soon !!!!
Love,
Debbie Jo

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that your work got deleted! :( But, look at thet bright side. You are coming home this weekend withsnny weather coming your way! (Plus you are going to sunny Calafornia, another nice warm place! ;))

Anonymous said...

Whoops! I have a few grammer mistakes! (Looks like I have to go back to school already!) ;) I typed so fast I was not paying close attention!