Sunday, July 1, 2007

Countdown

12 Days...... until I fly home. Seems hard to believe, but its true. Of course, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of work to do between now and then, but I am looking forward to going home and re-establishing my own routine. While this has been a great experience, there's "no place like home."

Today may be July 1st, it does not seem like summer to me. I feel like I am in a bit of a time warp. Each day is like the previous. I have heard that it has been HOT and HUMID at home. I can't say its been hot here at all. We are lucky to get to the mid-60s most days. As far as humid, well, I guess we are generally at 100% - that is - RAIN. It has rained here for several days now. I still see people wearing winter coats. I myself am still wearing a sweater - wool or cotton - every day and sometimes adding a jacket on top of that. I will be throwing out my umbrella before coming home as the darn thing just doesn't close right anymore. Too much overuse, I imagine.

Do I sound homesick? Yeah, I guess. But 12 days is nothin'.

2 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Hey, if today is July 1st...then July 3rd can only be 2 days away!!! We'll definitely celebrate when we see you in 13 days!

And thanks for your nice note to Helen on our blog. It means a lot to her to have steady people in her life right now!

Jane

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you!! : ) : )