Monday, April 23, 2007

Mom always said....

to look both ways before crossing the street. That was never more true than here. Whereas we American are conditioned to looking left, then right, then left again before stepping out onto the street, that methodlogy would surely get you killed over here. Unfortunately, there are exceptions to every rule and Manchester seems to have more than its fair share of one way streets that totally negates the reverse logic of looking right, then left, then right again! So, I try to be as careful as possible and just follow the crowd (at least I will die with company, I guess!). My biggest fear is that about the time I finally adapt to crossing the street in England, I will get back home and immeadiately step in front of the first MBTA bus that comes my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.