Saturday, May 12, 2007

The United Nations of Flight Crews

First of all, my apologies for the lack of blog postings this week. Work (you know, the *real* reason I am over here!) has started to pick up and I anticipate some late nights next week. However, I am **coming home** in less than 2 weeks to celebrate Memorial Day in the good old U.S.A. I fly home Friday morning and fly back Wednesday night. Somehow, I am sure it will all fly right by. By the time I come home, I will have been gone 5 1/2 weeks. So, I am ready for a nights' sleep in my own bed, some good American television and a hamburger!

So, why have I called this posting the United Nations of Flight Crews? Well, my co-worker Paul (who stays here Monday - Thursday) and I have noticed that pretty much every morning as we get ready to leave the hotel to walk to the office, there are one, two, sometimes even three - flight crews in the lobby of the hotel; checking in, checking out. From American, British Airways, Lufthansa and others. Their uniforms are all pretty similar, so its sometimes hard to tell. We are curious as to why they stay here instead of someplace closer to the airport, but I thinking when I fly back here in a couple of weeks, I may just ask my flight attendant where their staying - and hitch a ride!

1 comment:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Honestly, I can't believe you are almost ready to make the first trip home! The time seems to be going fast. All I can say, is that I can't wait until I can reach you by cell phone again...;-)
Jane