Wednesday, February 20, 2008

24 hours.... and counting!

So, in less than 24 hours I will be on the plane headed to London. Am I packed? Nope. Will I be? Sure. I figure I will just keep running on adrenaline until I get to the airport. At that point, whatever did not get done at home will just have to wait. I changed the blog template this evening - this one is called, "Harbor." I thought it was appropriate. I also thought I would post a quote I have been holding on to for a while now - I think it is just as appropriate.

"Change has a considerable psychological impact on the human mind. To the fearful it is threatening because it means that things may get worse. To the hopeful it is encouraging becuase things may get better. To the confident it is inspiring because the challenge exists to make things better."

-- King Whitney, Jr.

Ironically enough, this quote was left on my pillow at the Annaheim Marriot a few months back. It was the first and only time I received a quote instead of the standard pillow chocolate. But since I never really ate the chocolate anyway, I figure this was a great substitute. :-)

Here's to challenges! The next post will probably be over the weekend, but perhaps I will have a picture or 2 from our layover in London.

2 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Very nice! I hope you got packed!

*Talk* to you soon,
Jane

Unknown said...

Thinking about you... This is the third time that I have tried to leave you a comment. Password troubles. Hope you a doing well ...Miss you, Love Kathy