Monday, February 25, 2008

OK, I lied.

I just noticed that I promised to add more comments and pictures to the blog on Saturday and here it is Monday night and I am going to upload a few pictures and go to bed..... Today was our first day on the new project and I think it went really well. Its a very complex business, but I think there is a lot we can do to add some value here (geez - do I sound like a consultant or what???). Anyway, my brain is pretty fried, so this will be a short post, but there will be more to come, I promise. The highlights so far - we have already ate lunch at 2 of the local wineries, driven down into Cape Town (well, I must be honest - Dan is doing all of the driving, and so far he's only almost gotten us killed once), I put my feet in the Atlantic Ocean (it was *way* colder than the Cape Cod - I swear!)and stopped at a roadside bazaar/crafts market (I bought a gorgeous seashell and have my eye on some other items to bring home). The scenery is just as gorgeous as you hear about - the coastline is just amazing. The wierdest thing so far is to keep reminding myself that it's summer down here and winter at home. Here are a few pictures from the past few days - keep in mind we did quite a bit of sleeping this weekend, so the weekends to follow will have more stories and pictures, I'm sure.



This is a picture of Dan, Chirag and our teammate, Hashaam, who lives in London and did us the tremendous favor of picking us up at Heathrow and taking us out for lunch at a true English pub.



The Hind Head Pub in Bray, England



Gorgeous Camps Bay Beach where the water is freeeeeeezing!


More pictures later - this internet connection is so slow it is taking forever to upload pictures......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I love that people are in the "cold" ocean. It is sooo NOT beach weather here. miss you !

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith, nice to hear you have reached Cape Town, and that you like it there. Got some updates from Mary yesterday. Keep blogging.