Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Catching Up Part 4 - There's no place like home

Boy, Dorothy had it right. There's.NO.Place.Like.Home. On Sunday, I drove down to the Cape to spend the week at Mom and Dad's. In addition to spending some quality time with the 'rents, there was the added bonus of a mini-family reunion. Although I was still working from home that week to support my client in Manchester for one more week, I was able to spend some time (but not nearly enough) with my cousins. It was especially nice to spend time with Kim, Kelly and Paul as they joined me for dinner on several occasions when I was on a project in Lyndhurst, NJ for 11 months last year. We didn't grow up near each other and we didn't even meet until we were all adults, but I am so lucky to have great friends that are also my relatives. Mom and Dad generously hosted a barbeque for the whole clan and we managed to take some group pictures of each of the 3 generations in attendance.

The first cousins and their spouses

The second cousins and their spouses

The third cousins (but no spouses yet!)













And a few other pictures that are just so great, they need to be blogged:

My cousin Kim and Paul's daughter Mia


My cousin Kelly and her daughter Julia

No comments: