Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Catching Up Part 1 - Happy Birthday to ME!


If there are any remaining dedicated blog readers out there, you are well aware that I have been, well, lax about keeping up with the blog since oh, about July. My last couple of weeks in England were pretty crazy - trying to get as much done as possible before heading back to the states. I was pretty bummed to have to work both my birthday and the 4th of July in Manchester. For some reason, the English don't seem inclined to celebrate American Independence - go figure! They were very good natured about it, however. And if I had to work on my birthday, my friends at JDW made it the nicest day possible. They brought me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and treated me to a "Victoria Sponge Cake." Yummy. The entire team also joined me out for dinner that night. I could not have asked for a better group of friends to celebrate with.

While I was away, I tried to come up with a great souvenier to bring home for Danny and Katie. I decided to start them a collection of pins from the Hard Rock Cafe - that way, I could add to their collection from all of my travels. So, I stopped by the HRC in Manchester to pick up their first pins. I got into a conversation with the guy running the gift shop and he informed me that they actually had a pin to commorate July 4th. A pin from the Manchester, UK Hard Rock Cafe to celebrate American Independence? Of COURSE I had to have one. It's an American eagle with stars and stripes and sure enough, it says Manchester. I wonder if there was a big demand for this pin???? Needless to say, the irony was not lost on me!

No comments: