Sunday, March 2, 2008

Braai

Braai is the South African term for a barbeque. And our hosts at the guest house invited Dan, Chirag and I to join them for a braai Wednesday night this week. Robert and Corrina have been wonderful and I think it is safe to say that all three of us would recommend their guest house to future visitors to the Brackenfell area.... Robert also introduced us to a traditional South African liquor called Amarula. Its a cream liquor made from the marula fruit. It is traditionally served over crused ice with a sprig of fresh mint. It's very, very yummy. We will be bringing some of this home! We had grilled chicken and lamb chops - the lamb was actually raised on Corrina's parents' farm! You all know how much I love a home-cooked meal and this was a wonderful treat.



Robert and Corrina, our hosts





The bottle of Amarula (now empty).



Dan enjoying his Amarula.

3 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Great pictures and btw, thanks for adding me to your sidebar!

Jane

Anonymous said...

I am putting in my order for that cream liquor made from the marula fruit

Faith said...

I'll bring some home in April.....