Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Penguins

I know Mary has been waiting to hear about the penguins. Well, we found 'em! There is an area near Simon's Town called Boulders where 2300 South African jackass penguins live in a protected colony. I wish I had taken a picture of the sign that is posted as you are leaving the reads, "Please check under your cars for penguins." Yikes! We saw that sign a little too late, but I don't think there were any casualties. They are just the cutest things and they look at you and tilt their heads as though you are having a conversation. Adorable.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great. Jeff Corwin had those penguins on Conan last night. He said that they were called JackAss Penguins because they sound like a breying donkey. You guys got really close. I love that!!!

Faith said...

They were actually pretty quiet when we were there, so I cannot verify what sounds they make. And well, the story about how we got so close.... let's just say there was a sign posted that we did not see right away......