Sunday, March 2, 2008

Team Dinner

Thursday night, Tr@deStone hosted a dinner for the core members of our new project team. At their recommendation, we went to a venue called Moyo at the Spier wine estate in Stellenbosch. According to my guide book, "Moyo is about much more tha a meal; it's a Cafe African culture experience. Food is served as a delicious buffet, while indigenous dancers and musicians entertain with traditional drumming." That pretty much sums it up, except that the experience is much more FUN! At one point, I turned to Dan and said, "I feel like I am in the middle of 'The Lion King'" and sure enough, the singer started singing, "The lion sleeps tonight." I can't make this stuff up. There are so many great pictures from that night, but here are a few:




One of the traditional African dances they performed.




This lady had a great voice and sang songs in English and other African languages (don't even bother asking me which ones!).




Everyone has their face painted when they arrive - this is one of our team members at the client, Willem. The resturant even drapes a blanket across the back of each chair in case you get cold (we were eating under a huge tent).




This is a group picture of *most* of the core project team. Note the face paintings on everyone! It looks like I am wearing the drum, but I am really just standing behind it. :-) From the left, Photy (our project sponsor), Chirag, Lourena (the project manager), Dan, me, Chris (from the logistics team at the client), Jaco (a Tr@deStone partner in SA) and Willem.





These are some ducks that were wandering around the estate and came right up to our table. Dan was trying to decide whether to pet one (he didn't). Willem did, however, and he said it bit him!

4 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

This makes dinners at our house seem positively uneventful!

Jane

Faith said...

I've been to dinner at your house and there is plenty of entertainment there as well. :-)

Anonymous said...

what did you have painted on your face??

Faith said...

I am not actually sure what the stuff is that they painted on your face - but once it's dry, it kind of just peels off. I think my face had some sort of flower design painted on, but I really don't remember.....