Sunday, June 17, 2007

8 Random Things....

So, my good friend Jane has a blog and she was "tagged" by another blogger to post 8 "random" things about herself. She, in turn, tagged me and some other blogging friends to do the same. It is not easy to come up with random things about yourself and as Jane found out, her friends were more than happy to point out some random things about HER! So, here goes. Feel free to add comments if I have left out any pertinent randomness about myself.

1) My contacts prescription is -7.25 (no, that is not a type - I wish it were). Many people don't even know that I wear contacts and that is because you will never see me in glasses if I can help it. Think about how thick my glasses would be. I would love to have Lasik surgery, but that brings me to randomness #2.

2) I have a total eye phobia. I think this stems back to an "art cinema" class my Mom took when she was finishing her degree at Regis College. I happened to watch a black & white film with her that was part of her homework and let's just say, I would NOT call it art. There was a scene, that I will spare all of you by NOT describing, but suffice it to say, my stomach rolls just thinking of it. I explained all this to my eye doctor a few years ago when we talked about Lasik and he said they could give me a LOT of Valium to get me through the procedure. I'm still considering it.

3) I can only wink with my left eye. This is a source of great humor for my family, especially my niece and nephew, who can effectively wink with either eye. Obviously, I possess some sort of genetic defect within the family. (no further comments are necessary).

4) Speaking of nieces and nephews - I have one of each. Most of you probably know this, so perhaps it is not random. I do, however, have three godchildren. Katie (also my niece) will be 12 this summer; Logan (the son of one of my best friends from college) just turned 6; and, Thomas (the newly adopted son of my best friend from high school) just turned 1. I can think of no greater honor to have been asked to fulfill this role and they are very special to me.

5) I have kissed the Blarney Stone twice. Again, this may not be surprising to any of you, as I can strike up a conversation with just about anyone. My Nana, shortly before she died, starting calling me "Chit Chat" which was also a source of great amusement to my family.

6) I have NO idea how to work a sewing machine or hem a pair of pants. Cross-stitch, needlepoint, embroidery - I can show you examples of each. Put me in front of a sewing machine and I would just stare at it. I actually own a sewing machine, too - my Nana gave me one years ago!

7) If I were to have been born a boy, I would have been named "Daniel Patrick." My nephew is named "Daniel Joseph," so we ended up with a Danny in the family after all! ;-)

8) I'm stumped to think of an 8th random thing about me, so I am challenging all of you to come up with one. Post some comments - I'd love to hear what you come up with - I am sure I can count on Jane for a few suggestions! :-)

5 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

You do not like opossums (you are so ugly!)

You do like cinnamon gum (remember the *old* Wauwinet?

You are a die-hard Red Sox fan, but we love you anyway, even when we're cheering on those *other* Sox.

This is leading me on a trip down memory lane, I'll have to check back in with my other thoughts...

Love, Jane

Anonymous said...

* Faith was once an item for a Scavenger Hunt :)

* Is sometimes called George (since according to George Michael - You GOTTA have Faith !!)

* Is good friends with the Aunt of a famouse movie-star family

I can try and dig up some College pictures that would remind me of some more random things :)

Debbie Jo

Anonymous said...

You always like to eat skittles,popcorn,and soda as a regular snack @ the movies with me!

Anonymous said...

I was just reading some of the suggestions, and you know a famous family??????????(confused)

I wonder if it is the Bradys. or mabey the family from the show Providence!!

Faith said...

Yes, I hate oppossums (they truly are among God's ugliest creatures, don't you agree?).

As far as the Red Sox/White Sox thing goes, as long as you don't become a Yankees fan, we will have no issues. I was perfectly thrilled when the White Sox won the world series. They had waited many, many years for that celebration and all Red Sox fans can relate!

Kate, Debbie Jo is referring to my neighbor Claire, who is the aunt to the Cusack family. John Cusack and Joan Cusack have been in quite a few movies, although probably not ones you have seen yet. :-)