Friday, June 22, 2007

Edinburgh

So, I decided that I needed a treat to look forward to over the next few weeks. There are many long days ahead of me before this project will go-live and I will be working on my birthday and the 4th of July this year (as you can imagine, the Brits don't celebrate the American Independence Day). I just booked myself a weekend at the Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club in Edinburgh. There's also a spa at the hotel, so I will be calling them as soon as they open this morning to make a few appointments. :-) It's already improved my mood today. I'll get a change of scenery, a chance to relax and the opportunity to see another part of the world that I have not been to before returning to the States on July 13th (for those of you keeping track, that is THREE weeks from today).

My good friend Paul has been in Edinburgh for work this week, so I am sure he can give me some sightseeing tips. Edinburgh Castle is a must. Since a good part of my Saturday will be spent at the spa, Sunday will be my main sightseeing day. It will be a good orientation to a new city - and I can always return.

1 comment:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Sounds very, very nice! Can any place with a spa not be? I didn't think so. Have fun!

Jane