Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sweet or Salty?

I am somewhat at a loss of what to do on the weekends, as I am used to having SO much to do at home that having "free" time seems a bit strange. I have been reading lots of paperbacks and doing some needlework and going to at least one movie every weekend. There has not been a whole lot to choose from at the movies this spring and some of the movies being released in the US are not being released over here (e.g., Georgia Rule - although my friend Erin says I am not missing anything with that one!). There are 2 movie theaters in walking distance from my hotel, so I check online at the end of each week and plan my movie strategy! The first time I went to the movies over here, I went to the concession stand to get the obligatory "movie snack" of popcorn and a soda and the guy behind the counter asked me if I wanted "sweet or salty" popcorn. "What's sweet popcorn," I asked? It's got a light coating of toffee on it. YUM. I am addicted. I have done a good amount of complaining about the quality of British food, but let me tell you, they do toffee right. I brought some home for Kathy (remember she is the one bringing in all that mail every few days) and some to my family. It was a big hit with all involved. Kathy's son Connor has requested replenishment already! And I am sure Danny would not turn it down, either. ;-)

So, if you are ever at the movies in England, I highly recommend the "sweet" popcorn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Auntie Faith! My choice would be the sweet popcorn. Since I absolutly LOVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the English toffee,; ) to try it on popcorn would be yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Faith, the boys have dicovered that the toffee is all gone.They foound the box in the trash I did eat a liitle more then the rest Can't wait for more...Love Kathy

Anonymous said...

Love toffee