Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Mark Twain has never been to Manchester

So, I think most Americans are familiar with the quote from Mark Twain, "If you don't like the weather in New England, wait a minute."

I am going to make the broad assumption that Mark Twain never traveled to Manchester, UK.

I woke up this morning, convinced I had overslept because it was *so* bright in my hotel room. When the phone rang, I thought it was going to be my client wondering where I was, but no, it was my wake up call at 6:45.

Walking to the office this morning, I made a point of saying to myself that I just HAD to blog what a beautiful morning it was in Manchester. Clear blue skies over the gorgeous Town Hall. It was going to be a great day.

Then I got to the office, started checking email, etc. and looked out my window. Gone were the blue skies of only a hour before. Now it looks like rain is headed our way.

The speed with which the weather can turn over here can make you dizzy. Mark Twain's got nothin' on Manchester. Enjoy the blue skies when you can! They sure don't last very long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, of Manchester Twain said: "I would like to live in Manchester, England. The transition between Manchester and death would be unnoticeable."