Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Mountain is Coming to ME!

You know the old saying about how if Mohammad can't get to the mountain, the mountain just has to get to Mohammad? Well, since I can't squeeze in another trip home in June, I convinced my boss that I should be able to fly someone over for a visit instead.

So, Friday night, Mom and Dad are arriving in London! Funny, they weren't all that interested in coming to Manchester...... Anyways, I have been wanting to get down to London myself as I have not been there since I was a senior in college. So, I redeemed the rest of my Marriott points and will be taking the train from Manchester to London after work on Friday. The three of us have a nice long-weekend planned for ourselves. Everyone was interested in seeing a show and Dad requested to see Phantom; I wanted to see Wicked. So, we're seeing both. Dad's logic is that he only gets to London once every 10 years, so why not do it up right? Sounds fair to me. So far, Mom is just going with the flow.

Also on the agenda for this weekend: the Tower of London (I want to see the Crown Jewels and the Torture Devices exhibit - my morbid sense of curiosity, I guess), a double-decker bus tour, Westminster Abbey and a tour of Buckingham Palace. Mom and I would love to check out one of the London Antiques markets. We'll see if Dad will go for it. :-)

So, stay tuned next week for some pictures from our excursion!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me how everything goes! My friend, Sara, has seen the play wicked. She says that it is ausome! I'm excited to hear about the tower of london. Have fun!

Faith said...

Hi Katie!! I wish you could come to London, too. I'll be sure to fill you in on everything! :-) Love you.

Anonymous said...

love you too!