Sunday, June 3, 2007

There's NO Place Like Home....

Once again, I apologize for the gap in time since my last postings. I actually managed a trip home last weekend. I flew home on Friday, landing at Logan around noontime. Dad picked me up at the airport and we made our way back to my house (after first satifying my craving for a good old American hamburger!) and promptly fell asleep - Dad in the chair and me on the sofa, for a good hour and a half! Dad got to work on a project in my basement and eventually I made my way over to Kathy's to pick up my mail - all FOUR shopping bags of it. When I brought it home, I stood in the kitchen next to the garbage and filtered out all the junk mail. Over the course of the weekend, I managed to flip through most of the catalogs, but I saved the People magazines (thanks again Justin and Connor!) to bring back to England. I was *still* opening mail on Wednesday before flying back to Manchester that night. I can only imagine how much will be waiting for me when I get back in July. Many, many thanks to Kathy for taking on the job of bringing in my mail every few days and letting me know when something important comes through.

The rest of the weekend was a blur - and I am not exaggerating. I am not sure where the time went and it already seems like forever ago that I was home at all. However, now I am on the home stretch of the project and I am bond and determined to get everything live so I can fly home on July 13th for good. On the bright side, I am expecting visitors next weekend! Mom and Dad are flying over to London on Friday and I am going to take the train down and meet them after work. I am still debating as to whether I will take Monday and Tuesday off or just Monday, but it will totally depend on how much work I can get done this week. Wish me luck! Mom and Dad are staying through Wednesday and I made reservations for us at the Marriott on Regent's Park - thank God for all those Marriott points! All those nights in Lyndhurst, NJ are paying off! ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Hoped you enjoyed your weekened! Can't wait for you to come back on the 13th!

Faith said...

Hi Katie.... I loved my weekend at home and spending time with you on the Cape. I have a few pictures to post, so stay tuned! I'll try and post them tonight.